By Alison Brown • 21 Aug, 2020
Friars Hill Stables has now been re-opened with restrictions for 72 days. Obviously we still need to limit the Covid 19 risk to both ourselves and our clients and with that in mind we have lots of protocols in place to allow us to maintain social distancing whilst trying to move forward and get you all back riding again.
PLEASE NOTE WE NOW HAVE A MAXIMUM WEIGHT LIMIT OF 14 STONES or 89KG FOR RIDERS – IF YOU ARE OVER THIS WEIGHT THEN YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO RIDE WITH US – APOLOGIES BUT WE HAVE A DUTY OF CARE TO OUR HORSES.
Please read all of this message as this will tell you everything you need to know and inform you as to what you need to do when you are here.
1. We are now taking all types of riders, it is highly recommended that you purchase your own riding hat, boots, whip and hi viz if you are planning on hacking. Gloves must be worn by all riders and this is non-negotiable, you can purchase these quite cheaply enough from your local saddlers or off the Internet. Or alternatively supply and wear a pair of disposable gloves. Please ensure that you wear long trousers and a top which covers the shoulders (no vest tops)! Please tie your hair back and remove jewellery prior to riding and ensure that your clothing and boots are clean.
2. As of 1st August, we started to take on children on lead rein or beginner lessons. These are limited to 30 minutes in length and will be on a shared private basis (no need to find a friend). These lessons will only be on Saturday afternoons and Thursday afternoons at 2pm, 2.30pm, 3pm and 3.30pm. Children will not have to have their own boots and hats, they can use ours as long as they are placed on the Sanitizing table afterwards for us to deal with in the appropriate manner. They must however have their own gloves which MUST be worn!
3. All bookings & payments MUST go through our new booking and payment system, which can be found at https://friarshillridingschool.ecpro.co.uk
Once there, please scroll down to the register part, register by completing your account details, then verify your email (this does sometimes hide in the spam/junk mail folder). Then you will be able to login and register yourself, your child or your grandchild as a rider to your account (please note you will have to have heights, weights etc.). Complete the rider registration and then submit. We will then verify your rider’s ability and then you will be able to book and pay online.
4. Please note, we CANNOT pencil anyone in for anything as the system will not allow this and we do NOT take cash on the day.
5. The timing of hour lessons has slightly altered to allow for staggering, hour lessons will now last for approximately 45 minutes to allow us time to changeover and clean and sanitise between customers.
6. Upon arrival, cars must be parked sensibly in the car park allowing for social distancing. All visitors MUST sanitize their hands on arrival before entering the yard. All visitors MUST then sign the Visitor book in BLOCK CAPITALS to allow for traceability (this means the rider and their chauffeur/guardian, e.t.c)
7. Check the whiteboard by the gate to see which school you will be riding in, go to the left hand side of the line and wait opposite your designated school. If the school is empty and the gate is open, go in and wait for your pony to arrive. Do not wander around touching things, i.e. Horses, gates etc….
Upon completion of your lesson, run your stirrups up and put the rein behind one stirrup. Then please leave the school, if you are riding in the Big School your exit gate is at the Letter F, if you are leaving the sand school your exit gate is at letter K – these will take you into the gallery, please sanitise your hands upon leaving and go directly to your car, please don’t congregate chatting in the car park, help us to follow the Government’s guidelines.
8. No more than one spectator/guardian per rider – The Spectator/Guardian should wear sensible footwear as they will be required to walk through the schools to their seating area following our one way system.
If more than one person accompanies the rider, they will need to stay in the vehicle in the car park. The spectator must be seated in the designated area in the viewing gallery, not on the yard. Clean your seating area on arrival with the products available and clean again upon departing – please observe the one way system we have in place.
9. If you do not wish to adhere to the above, or you don’t adhere to above during your visit you will be asked to leave with immediate effect.
10. Please note: there are no refreshment facilities available here, so please bring your own should you require them and take your rubbish home with you. Toilet facilities are available, please follow the information on the signs in there.